Gill is an assistant to Tracy Scammell, the Head of the Private Client team, and is based at The Champions; the Firm’s office in Beaminster. Gill joined the Firm in 2011.
Gill has over 20 years working experience in accountancy firms and so much of her role relates to assisting the lawyers with financial matters. Her key tasks include assisting in:
- the preparation of Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) documents
- applications to the Court of Protection for Deputyship Orders
- the day to day management of clients’ financial affairs, on their behalf, where they have either requested assistance or are unable to look after their own affairs
- preparing annual accounts to submit to the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG), and
- liaising with various accountancy firms regarding clients’ Tax Returns.
Gill acts as the relief cashier for the Firm, too, whenever necessary.
Gill lives in Bridport with her husband and in her spare time enjoys cooking, quiz nights and looking after her new granddaughter.